Here you will find the materials you need to make the most out of Transfusion Camp. Please note the following:
Access to this password-protected website is provided to participants who are registered for Transfusion Camp in Rwanda. Please do not share the site’s password with anyone. Any enquiries regarding Transfusion Camp website should be directed to email@example.com. Any questions regarding the Transfusion Camp content or other questions should be directed to your site administrator via the WhatsApp group.
To be uploaded.
1. National Directives on Rational Use of Blood and Blood Components in Rwanda
2. Rwanda Biomedical Centre, Biomedical Service Department, Blood Transfusion Division. Hemovigilance Report 2022.
4. Rwanda Biomedical Centre, Biomedical Service Department, Blood Transfusion Division. Annual Report 2022.
5. BloodyEasy 5 Handbook: https://transfusionontario.org/en/category/bloody-easy-e-tools-publications/bloody-easy-for-healthcare-professionals/
6. Zipline Fact Sheet
1. Red Cell Transfusion, Dr. Jeannie Callum
2. Platelet Transfusion, Dr. Katerina Pavenski
3. Blood Bank Testing, Dr. Yulia Lin
4. Neonatal and Pediatric Transfusion Cases, Dr. Lani Lieberman
5. Plasma, PCC & Cryoprecipitate, Dr. Aditi Khandelwal
Seminar 1: Triggers for RBC and platelet transfusion
Seminar 2: Plasma, PCC & Fibrinogen Cases
The following resources were originally shared with participants through the WhatsApp.
1. Carson JL, Guyatt G, Heddle NM, Grossman BJ, Cohn CS, Fung MK, Gernsheimer T, Holcomb JB, Kaplan LJ, Katz LM, Peterson N, Ramsey G, Rao SV, Roback JD, Shander A, Tobian AA. Clinical Practice Guidelines From the AABB: Red Blood Cell Transfusion Thresholds and Storage. JAMA. 2016 Nov 15;316(19):2025-2035.
2. Maitland K, Kiguli S, Olupot-Olupot P, Engoru C, Mallewa M, Saramago Goncalves P, Opoka RO, Mpoya A, Alaroker F, Nteziyaremye J, Chagaluka G, Kennedy N, Nabawanuka E, Nakuya M, Namayanja C, Uyoga S, Kyeyune Byabazaire D, M'baya B, Wabwire B, Frost G, Bates I, Evans JA, Williams TN, George EC, Gibb DM, Walker AS; TRACT Group. Transfusion in African Children with Uncomplicated Severe Anemia.. Author’s manuscript. Published in final edited form as: N Engl J Med. 2019 August 01; 381(5): 407–419.
3. Hébert PC, Wells G, Blajchman MA, Marshall J, Martin C, Pagliarello G, Tweeddale M, Schweitzer I, Yetisir E. A multicenter, randomized, controlled clinical trial of transfusion requirements in critical care. Transfusion Requirements in Critical Care Investigators, Canadian Critical Care Trials Group. N Engl J Med. 1999 Feb 11;340(6):409-17.
4. Kaufman RM, Djulbegovic B, Gernsheimer T, Kleinman S, Tinmouth AT, Capocelli KE, Cipolle MD, Cohn CS, Fung MK, Grossman BJ, Mintz PD, O'Malley BA, Sesok-Pizzini DA, Shander A, Stack GE, Webert KE, Weinstein R, Welch BG, Whitman GJ, Wong EC, Tobian AA; AABB. Platelet transfusion: a clinical practice guideline from the AABB. Ann Intern Med. 2015 Feb 3;162(3):205-13.
5. Nahirniak S, Slichter SJ, Tanael S, Rebulla P, Pavenski K, Vassallo R, Fung M, Duquesnoy R, Saw CL, Stanworth S, Tinmouth A, Hume H, Ponnampalam A, Moltzan C, Berry B, Shehata N; International Collaboration for Transfusion Medicine Guidelines. Guidance on platelet transfusion for patients with hypoproliferative thrombocytopenia. Transfus Med Rev. 2015 Jan;29(1):3-13.
6. Davidson JC, Rahim S, Hanks SE, Patel IJ, Tam AL, Walker TG, Weinberg I, Wilkins LR, Sarode R. Society of Interventional Radiology Consensus Guidelines for the Periprocedural Management of Thrombotic and Bleeding Risk in Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Image-Guided Interventions-Part I: Review of Anticoagulation Agents and Clinical Considerations: Endorsed by the Canadian Association for Interventional Radiology and the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2019 Aug;30(8):1155-1167.
7. Patel IJ, Rahim S, Davidson JC, Hanks SE, Tam AL, Walker TG, Wilkins LR, Sarode R, Weinberg I. Society of Interventional Radiology Consensus Guidelines for the Periprocedural Management of Thrombotic and Bleeding Risk in Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Image-Guided Interventions-Part II: Recommendations: Endorsed by the Canadian Association for Interventional Radiology and the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2019 Aug;30(8):1168-1184.e1.
8. ORBCON. Provincial Massive Hemorrhage Toolkit. 2020.
9. Delaney M, Wendel S, Bercovitz RS, Cid J, Cohn C, Dunbar NM, Apelseth TO, Popovsky M, Stanworth SJ, Tinmouth A, Van De Watering L, Waters JH, Yazer M, Ziman A; Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) Collaborative. Supplemental Appendix to Transfusion reactions: prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Lancet. 2016 Dec 3;388(10061):2825-2836