Here you will find the materials you need to make the most out of Transfusion Camp. Please note the following:
Access to this password-protected website is provided to trainees who are registered for Transfusion Camp in Rwanda. Please do not share the site’s password with anyone. Any enquiries regarding Transfusion Camp website should be directed to email@example.com. Any questions regarding the Transfusion Camp content or other questions should be directed to your site administrator via the WhatsApp group.
1. National Directives on Rational Use of Blood and Blood Components in Rwanda
2. BloodyEasy 4 Handbook: https://transfusionontario.org/en/category/bloody-easy-e-tools-publications/bloody-easy-for-healthcare-professionals/
1. Red Cell Transfusion, Dr. Jeannie Callum
2. Platelet Transfusion, Dr. Katerina Pavenski
3. Blood Bank Testing, Dr. Yulia Lin
4. Neonatal and Pediatric Transfusion Cases, Dr. Lani Lieberman
5. Plasma, PCC & Cryoprecipitate, Dr. Aditi Khandelwal
To view the lectures on YouTube, open the video and click on the playlist icon in the top right-hand corner to select your lecture of interest.
After you have watched all of the lectures, please complete this Lecture Feedback Survey. If you have already completed the feedback survey, please do not complete it again. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TC_Rwanda
The following resources were originally shared with participants through the WhatsApp.
1. Hunt BJ. Bleeding and coagulopathies in critical care. N Engl J Med. 2014 May 29;370(22):2153.
2. Northup PG, Caldwell SH. Coagulation in liver disease: a guide for the clinician. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013 Sep;11(9):1064-74.
3. Tripodi A, Mannucci PM. The coagulopathy of chronic liver disease. N Engl J Med. 2011 Jul 14;365(2):147-56.
4. Clifford L, Jia Q, Yadav H, Subramanian A, Wilson GA, Murphy SP, Pathak J, Schroeder DR, Ereth MH, Kor DJ. Characterizing the epidemiology of perioperative transfusion-associated circulatory overload. Anesthesiology. 2015 Jan;122(1):21-8.
5. Davidson JC, Rahim S, Hanks SE, Patel IJ, Tam AL, Walker TG, Weinberg I, Wilkins LR, Sarode R. Society of Interventional Radiology Consensus Guidelines for the Periprocedural Management of Thrombotic and Bleeding Risk in Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Image-Guided Interventions-Part I: Review of Anticoagulation Agents and Clinical Considerations: Endorsed by the Canadian Association for Interventional Radiology and the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2019 Aug;30(8):1155-1167.
6. Patel IJ, Rahim S, Davidson JC, Hanks SE, Tam AL, Walker TG, Wilkins LR, Sarode R, Weinberg I. Society of Interventional Radiology Consensus Guidelines for the Periprocedural Management of Thrombotic and Bleeding Risk in Patients Undergoing Percutaneous Image-Guided Interventions-Part II: Recommendations: Endorsed by the Canadian Association for Interventional Radiology and the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2019 Aug;30(8):1168-1184.e1.
7. Maitland K, Kiguli S, Olupot-Olupot P, Engoru C, Mallewa M, Saramago Goncalves P, Opoka RO, Mpoya A, Alaroker F, Nteziyaremye J, Chagaluka G, Kennedy N, Nabawanuka E, Nakuya M, Namayanja C, Uyoga S, Kyeyune Byabazaire D, M'baya B, Wabwire B, Frost G, Bates I, Evans JA, Williams TN, George EC, Gibb DM, Walker AS; TRACT Group. Transfusion in African Children with Uncomplicated Severe Anemia.. Author’s manuscript. Published in final edited form as: N Engl J Med. 2019 August 01; 381(5): 407–419.
8. Hébert PC, Wells G, Blajchman MA, Marshall J, Martin C, Pagliarello G, Tweeddale M, Schweitzer I, Yetisir E. A multicenter, randomized, controlled clinical trial of transfusion requirements in critical care. Transfusion Requirements in Critical Care Investigators, Canadian Critical Care Trials Group. N Engl J Med. 1999 Feb 11;340(6):409-17.