The content on this page is specific for 2021-2022 Transfusion Camp. Content for 2022-2023 will start being updated approximately one month ahead of the live event held in Toronto. See General Information Schedules and Locations document for live event dates.
Note that breaks are included throughout the day. See General Information Program Brochure document for detailed agenda. Depending on your location, the event may provide refreshments and lunch. See General Information Schedules and Locations document for information
Please get ready for Transfusion Camp by reading these publications (typically posted 1 week prior to the live event).
1. Black L, Selby R, Brnjac E, Lin Y, Elbaz C, James P, et al. Bloody easy: Coagulations simplified. 2th ed. Ontario Regional Blood Coordinating Network;2019. 24p.
2. Elbaz C, Sholzberg M. An illustrated review of bleeding assessment tools and common coagulation tests. Res Pract Thromb Haemost. 2020;4:761–773.
3. Lin, Y, Preoperative anemia screening clinics. Hematology. 2019 Dec 6, 2019(1): 570-576.
4. Shah A, Palmer AJR, Klein AA. Strategies to minimize intraoperative blood loss during major surgery. BJS 2020; 107: e26–e38.
5. SickKids, Jehova's witnesses and blood products. 2021 April. 8p.
6. Thrombosis Canada. NOACS/DOACS: Coagulation tests. 2020 Nov. 5p.
7. Thrombosis Canada. NOACS/DOACS: Management of bleeding. 2020 Apr. 6p.
8. Thrombosis Canada. NOACS/DOACS: Perioperative management. 2020 Apr. 7p.
9. Thrombosis Canada. NOACS/DOACS: Perioperative management of antiplatelet therapy. 2020 Apr. 5p.
Slides of lectures are posted prior to the live event (typically posted 1 week prior but often the night before).
1. Pre-operative Patient Blood Management (Dr. Yulia Lin)
2. Intra-op Patient Blood Management: Tranexamic Acid; Salvage and Triggers (Dr. Keyvan Karkouti)
3. Congenital Coag – VWD, Hemophilia (Dr. Natasha Rupani)
4. Reversal of antiplatelets & direct anticoagulants (Dr. Carolyne Elbaz)
Recordings of lectures are posted after the live event (typically posted within 2 weeks). To view the lectures on YouTube, open the video and click on the playlist icon in the top right-hand corner to select your lecture of interest.
Transfusion Camp 2021-2022 Day 4 Patient Blood Management, Conservation and Complex Hemostasis summary highlights.
Answers for the seminars are posted after the last group of trainees has completed the Transfusion Camp day (this may take several months after the live event).
Review the Guide for Participating in Seminars prior to attending the seminars.
Seminar 4A: Patient Blood Management
Seminar 4B: Advanced Hemostasis Testing & Management