The content on this page is specific for 2021-2022 Transfusion Camp. Content for 2022-2023 will start being updated approximately one month ahead of the live event held in Toronto. See General Information Schedules and Locations document for live event dates.
Note that breaks are included throughout the day.
1. Franchini M, Marano G, Mengoli C, Pupella S, Vaglio S, Muñoz M, Liumbruno GM. Red blood cell transfusion policy: a critical literature review. Blood Transfus. 2017 Jul;15(4):307-317. doi: 10.2450/2017.0059-17. PMID: 28661855; PMCID: PMC5490725.
2. New HV, Berryman J, Bolton-Maggs PH, Cantwell C, Chalmers EA, Davies T, Gottstein R, Kelleher A, Kumar S, Morley SL, Stanworth SJ; British Committee for Standards in Haematology. Guidelines on transfusion for fetuses, neonates and older children. Br J Haematol. 2016 Dec;175(5):784-828. doi: 10.1111/bjh.14233. Epub 2016 Nov 11. PMID: 27861734.
Slides of lectures are posted prior to the live event (typically posted 1 week prior but often the night before).
1. Red Cell Transfusion, Dr. Jeannie Callum
2. Platelet Transfusion - Dr. Katerina Pavenski
3. Blood Bank Testing, Dr. Yulia Lin
4. Neonatal and Pediatric Transfusion Cases, Dr. Lani Lieberman
5. Plasma, PCC & Cryoprecipitate, Dr. Aditi Khandelwal
Recordings of lectures are posted after the live event (typically posted within 2 weeks). To view the lectures on YouTube, open the video and click on the playlist icon in the top right-hand corner to select your lecture of interest.
Transfusion Camp 2021-2022 Day 1: Blood Component Indications & Administration, summary highlights will be uploaded in the coming days.
Answers for the seminars are posted after the last group of trainees has completed the Transfusion Camp day (this may take several months after the live event).
Review the Guide for Participating in Seminars prior to attending the seminars.
Seminar 1A: RBC & Platelet Transfusion Cases
Seminar 1B: Plasma, PCC & Fibrinogen Cases